We build the future of insurance
What we believe in
Insurance for all
We want to give people the freedom to pursue what truly matters in their lives and the confidence to take risks. Because people understand that they are covered by insurance.
Make insurance accessible and affordable using data and technology.
We exist to give people the insurance that they deserve. Insurance that’s simple to use, painless and honest. Insurance that’s people-first.
- Founded by former Grab CTO Wei Zhu as “Axinan” (to mean “peace of mind and heart”), with the mission of making insurance accessible for all through technology.
- Established our business model and tech base, launched our first partnerships and acquired seed funding with 10 employees.
- Facilitated close to 10 million policies.
- Rebranded to “Igloo” with a Vision of 'Insurance for All'.
- Spearheaded commercialisation with product, regional and channel expansion.
- Market validation: Raised Series A and A+ funding.
- Expanded operations to Thailand and the Philippines.
- Secured combined General and Reinsurance license issued by Labuan Financial Services Authority (Labuan FSA) in 2019, as well as a digital brokerage license in Indonesia in 2020.
- Grew team to 80.
- Facilitated close to 55 million policies.
- Focus on operational excellence.
- Expanded operations to Vietnam and Malaysia.
- 100+ employees.
Meet the team
Our intrepid leader and insurtech evangelist, Wei brings over 20 years of experience working with the top dogs of the tech world. Formerly CTO of Grab, he was part of Facebook’s pioneer engineering team and spent 8-years with Microsoft prior to that. He’s partial to the occasional game of pool.
Co-Founder & CEO
Raunak has extensive experience in the e-commerce and technology space, having held leadership roles at Asia’s biggest e-commerce brands Flipkart and Zalora. Since joining Igloo, he has spearheaded its market entry into the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Chief Financial Officer
Responsible for everything to do with fundraising and keeping our investors happy. A former M&A banker at BDA Partners, KPMG Corporate Finance and Greif & Co.
Chief Technology Officer
Tinkering with technology and trying to answer questions that begin with “what if…”. Formerly founder of Fissionworks, CTO of Eatigo and Head of Engineering at Grabpay
Chief Operating Officer
Greasing the wheels across strategy, operations and compliance and ensuring our standards are best-in-class. Banking vet, previously COO and Founder CEO at CardUp and Smartfunding.sg.
Chief Business Officer
Ecommerce vet and former Alibaba and Grab exec Wilson is responsible for driving Igloo’s commercial strategy, identifying and developing new growth opportunities and revenue streams.
Director of Product
In charge of all things customer experience, design and product strategy. A professional in technology based product management across automotive, supply chain and e-commerce industries.
Responsible for Managing risk with some help from machine learning and predictive modelling. A fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst.
Regional Head, Intermediary Platform Services & Country Manager, Malaysia
Country Manager, Philippines
A highly experienced leader within the tech industry, with extensive history of building and scaling businesses across the SEA in multiple sectors of eCommerce, Fintech and telecommunications.
Country Manager, Indonesia
Responsible for Igloo’s Indonesia growth, Novasta has extensive experience in the tech industry. His outstanding background includes stints at Tiket.com, and fintech Kredit Pintar.
Country Manager, Vietnam
Helming Igloo Vietnam, Ray leads the team across business development, partnerships, marketing and operations. Ray’s experience spans industries such as e-commerce, banking, financial services and insurtech.
Country Manager, Thailand
Muenfun has over 20 years of experience in insurance, finance, and e-Commerce. Her stellar credentials includes terms at AIA (Hong Kong), Chubb, Siam Piwat and Asset World Corporation.